Wherever possible, complaints must be received by the jury within the regulatory deadlines accompanied by the fee provided for in the F.C.I. regulations.
18. Event Cancellation:
If, for reasons of force majeure or any other reason not attributable to the organization the event does not take place, the amount of participation will not be refunded nor recognized for the following year. In case of cancellation of the event will be given a voucher of 50% for the registration of the following year.
The organization reserves the right at any time to make changes to these regulations at its sole discretion. The website www.granfondolagomaggiore.it is the official information tool of the event and therefore all official communications and any reopening of the entries will be made public there.
20. Rights and Duties of Corridors:
· Visibly attach the number and chips as well as a dorsal number both provided by the organization to the handlebar. These numbers may not be changed or altered in any way.
· Use the hard helmet that has been approved and fastened for the duration of the race.
· Comply with the highway code
The riders who are overtaken by the car at the end of the race will continue the event, however, keeping both numbers aware that they do not have any protection, as the stretch of road they are going through will be open to public traffic.
· The road between the starting point and km 0.0 will be closed to traffic (including cyclists) at 7am, so participants are invited to adjust accordingly. Anyone who has not entered the grid 15 minutes before the start will be automatically entered in the last grid
· It is mandatory to carry a kit for repairing punctures. It is advisable to wear some spare garment and a mantle in case of bad weather
· The participation of another runner, the transfer of the race number to others, the start in a grid prior to the assigned one or other serious event that will be revealed by the Organization will cause either the immediate removal from the event or the omission from the classification and disqualification from the event. In the most serious cases, disqualification may be for life. The above measures will be taken by the organisation.
· The participants’ civic sense is called upon to avoid throwing rubbish along the streets, but putting it back in the appropriate containers at the refreshment places identified by a beginning and an end to refreshment. Competitors who throw objects of any kind outside the marked spaces will be excluded from participation.
· Disqualifications imposed by the F.C.I. during the year they may lead to exclusion from the starting list at any time at the unquestionable discretion of the organization.
· The organization reserves the right to take measures if it notices unsportsmanlike behaviour during the last 5 km of the Short, Medium and Marathon route, which tends to distort the order of arrival of the races.
· It is strictly forbidden, under penalty of disqualification or withdrawal, the use of bicycles equipped with any kind of support or aid of an electrical and/or electronic type.
As far as not covered by this Regulation, the event will apply the 2018 implementing rules for national cycling and amateur cycling activities of the F.C.I.
By submitting the online registration, the competitor declares to be in possession of a medical certificate of suitability for competitive activity, to be in possession of a regular membership card, third party liability insurance, to have read the present regulations, accepting them unconditionally in all its points and expresses his consent to the use of his personal data. The use/processing of personal data means any operation or set of operations concerning the collection, recording, organisation, storage, consultation, processing, modification, selection, extraction, comparison, use, interconnection, blocking, communication, disclosure, dissemination, deletion and destruction of data, even if not recorded in a database. Pursuant to art. 7 of Legislative Decree 196/03 the Participant
has the right to exercise access to personal data, as well as to obtain information about its data; request the cancellation, blocking, updating, correction, integration and opposition to processing, by contacting the Data Controller. By submitting the online registration form, the participant also expresses his or her consent, so that any photos, videos, audio and/or video recordings of any kind produced during the Granfondo can be freely stored, reproduced, published, and marketed by the Organization, without the right to any compensation and/or compensation from the participant. In particular, the participant expressly authorizes the Organization, together with its media partners, to use the still or moving images that may portray it during their participation in the competition, on all media, including promotional and/or advertising materials. The participant agrees that such data or material shall be made available to the photographers and/or professional photo-studies specifically appointed by the Organization with the realization of photographic services on the competition.
In addition, by sending the online registration form, the competitor, together with the representative of his team, self-certifies the absence of sports, civil or criminal sanctions, even if taken for granted, for facts related to doping and declares that he has not taken and does not take substances included in the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) anti-doping list https://www.wada-ama.org/en/what-we-do/the-prohibited-list.
The false self-certification will be prosecuted in accordance with the law.
In case of positivity to the anti-doping checks carried out in the Granfondo del Lago Maggiore, or of positivity ascertained in the six months following the Granfondo, in other sporting events, the competitor is obliged to answer to the organizing committee of the Granfondo del Lago Maggiore, as compensation for the serious damage caused to the image of the event, the sum of €50,000.00 (euros fifty thousand/00). If it belongs to a sports association, the latter will be jointly and severally obliged to pay this penalty.
The sums to be collected by the Organizing Committee of the Granfondo del Lago Maggiore, as compensation for damage to the image, will be entirely donated to the young ARISLA sports activities
IMPORTANT: Please observe the registration terms.